Monday, September 15, 2008

Sapphire's Last Laugh
















Love Chunks and Sapphire sometimes pass the time on long car trips by playing guessing games about key characters or scenes in DVDs they both enjoy watching together.

Some easily guessed ones have included, "I am green, have only one eye and burp really loudly at the end----"

"That's so easy, Dad, it's Mike from Monsters Inc"

"Oh, well done. How about, 'Kiss my Ar-----tichoke'?"

Sapphire rolls her eyes, "Oh come on Dad, even Grandpa gives me harder ones that you do. It's Wallace and Gromit's Revenge of the Were-Rabbit."

Sapphire would then throw one at her father. "I am a kid, who is now suddenly all grown up and there's a scene where you always skip it because you think it's too rude for me---"
"Oh yeah, it's Big."

The other day, Love Chunks had one that he was sure that Sapphire would guess immediately. They had recently watched ET together and Sapphire had enjoyed more than a few repeat viewings since the first one.

He said, "Try and guess who this is. I am short, wrinkly and I am good with pot plants--"

"GRANDMA!" she shouted victoriously.

She got an extra point for that one.

6 comments:

franzy said...

What's pink and wrinkly and hangs out your undies?

myninjacockle said...

damn, I was going to plagiarise Franzy's joke - but he beat me to his punchline.

Miles McClagan said...

Has there ever been a reference to dead guys getting hit in the groin 42 times?

I love that film...

River said...

The photo of Sapphire reminds me of Tatum O'Neal in Paper Moon.

chips said...

Hilarious.

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. I can't believe the ET references are still around. We named our daughter Elliot thinking we'd be in the clear but now I realize everyone is going to be calling her ELLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTT her whole life. Poor kid.